Phoenixville Zombie Run & Fun Day
Saturday, November 1st, 2014
Bridge Street & Main Street, Phoenixville, PA. 19460
[ Weather Date - Saturday, November 8th, 2014 ]
Click Here for links and maps of Parking in Phoenixville
(Please Note - this event uses all spaces in the Parking Lot at Bridge Street & Main Street)
The 2nd Annual Phoenixville Zombie Run and Fun Day will be held on Saturday, November 1st, 2014, from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. The center of activity will be at the intersection of Bridge Street & Main Street in downtown Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
The event raises money for local charity and community programs. A significant portion of the money raised through the Phoenixville Zombie Run is donated directly to PACS (Phoenixville Area Community Services), to help support their mission of empowering people in the Phoenixville area to achieve self-sufficiency.
The Phoenixville Zombie Run features:
- 1K Walk & Fun Run
- 5K Traditional Run
- 5K “Survivor's Run” - Morning & Afternoon Slots Available
Runners and Walkers will assemble along Main Street, between Molly Maguire's and Steel City Coffeehouse, at their scheduled time, and will travel along a newly reconstructed section of the historic Schuylkill River Trail.
While Zombies are along the course for all stages of the event, the 1K Walk & Fun Run and Traditional Run do not feature interaction with the Zombies along the course. The "Survivor's Run" includes a horde of Zombies who will be trying to capture flags from the belts of the "survivors" who are running in that stage of the run!
The Phoenixville Zombie Fun Day takes place on Saturday, November 1st, from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, in the parking lot at the corner of Bridge Street & Main Street (across from Molly Maguire's), and on Main Street (between Bridge Street & Prospect Street).
The Zombie Fun Day is FREE to the public. There is no need to pre-register for this portion of the event.
It will feature games and activities for family members of all ages, including:
- Video Games
- Kids' Crafts (make and take)
- Food Trucks
- Wilderness Survival Skill Challenges
- Balloon Artists
- Smokey the Bear!
- First Aid and Emergency Preparedness Skills
- Zombie / Monster Themed Costume Contest
- Inflatable Bouncers
- Local Community Organizations and Vendors
Canned Food Drive
In addition to the money raised in support of PACS, the Phoenixville Zombie Run and Fun Day will also be holding a Canned Food Drive on the day of the event, with the support of local Cub Scout Packs and Boy Scout Troops. The holidays are a time of great need for food and additional support for organizations like PACS, and we are proud to support local efforts to strengthen the community of Phoenixville.
Everyone who attends the Phoenixville Zombie Run and Fun Day is encouraged to bring a minimum of one canned good or non-perishable item for our Canned Food Drive.
PHOENIXVILLE ZOMBIE RUN DETAILS
- 1K Walk & Fun Run: This is for registered participants who are interested in walking the course at their leisure, and are not running for time or awards. It is perfect for families who want to run or walk together at their own pace, and is "stroller friendly". Zombies will appear on the Walk & Fun Run course, but will not approach participants, as they are not part of the "Survivor's Run".
- 5K Traditional Run: This is a traditional road race for registered participants who are interested in running the course for fitness, time and/or awards. Zombies will appear on the Traditional Run course, but will not approach participants, as they are not part of the "Survivor's Run".
- 5K "Survivor's Run" [intended for ages 11+]: This is for the registered participants who are interested in running the course and playing a “game of survival” against the horde of Zombies making their way along the course. Participants in the "Survivor's Run" will be given 3 health flags on a belt, which must be worn visibly around the runner's belt line during the duration of the race. Zombies will appear throughout the course and will approach Survivors, in an effort to “infect” them by stealing their flags. Survivors will attempt to run the course and avoid having their health flags taken. There will be "health boosters" placed along the race course, so that the fastest, and keenest runners, will survive.
- Survivors can decline their health flags on the day of the run. Zombies will still follow and approach them, but will not attempt to interact with participants not wearing health flags.
PHOENIXVILLE ZOMBIE RUN RULES
All participants, including race spectators, must review & follow the rules outlined below:
- All stages of the race / walk are for fun, physical fitness and entertainment
- No pets are permitted on the race course
- No direct physical contact is permitted from any participant...this is not a contact sport
- Weapons (even stage or prop weapons) are prohibited on site of this event
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on site
PHOENIXVILLE ZOMBIE RUN AWARDS
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
5K Traditional Run
- Male & Female 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Overall
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place - Ages 14-19
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place - Ages 20-29
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place - Ages 30-39
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place - Ages 40-49
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place - Ages 50-59
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place - Ages 60+
5K "Survivor's Run"
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Male - Ages 14-24
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Female - Ages 14-24
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Male - Ages 26-40
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Female - Ages 26-40
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Male - Ages 41+
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Female - Ages 41+
Please Note - Zombies do not receive recognition for the number of runner flags that they capture.
- Volunteers who sign up to be Zombies are elligible to be awarded prizes for the time and effort put into their costume. This will take place during the Zombie / Monster Costume Contest portion of the event. There will be several categories of awards to honor our dedicated Zombie volunteers, including:
Crowd Favorite, Most Original Zombie Costume, Best Dressed Zombie, etc.